- Classes begin with a quick warm up and stretch. Our curriculum is focused on breaking down hip hop foundations, as well as teaching choreography to challenge each student at his/her level
- We strive to push students outside of their comfort zones, while simultaneously scaffolding their learning experience.
- Our three-hour, weekly rehearsals will prepare students for various performance opportunities around the city, with the possibility of competing in tri-state competitions
- Our class structure emphasizes a thorough stretch and workout session, drilling hip hop foundations (popping, locking, breaking, house, etc. ) and learning more advanced choreography.
- We also prepare students for professional opportunities by encouraging them to freestyle, holding mock auditions and occasionally introducing them to other styles.
*Note: Participation in the Intermediate Company is contingent on completing an audition, as we expect our students to be at a higher level.
- This is the most advanced class we offer at ESDC. Like Intermediate Company, our class structure involves an intensive stretch and warm up, hip hop foundations and choreography
- These students will have various opportunities to perform in New York City, as well as compete in tri-state competitions.
- This is a rigorous rehearsal, spanning four hours on Sundays. We challenge our students to explore different styles, learn more intricate movement and understand music on a deeper level.
- *Note: Participation in the Advanced Company is contingent on completing an audition, as we expect our students to be at a higher level.